If you were arrested for a DUI, your life is about to experience serious changes. When a person is detained for a DUI they face serious consequences, such as hefty fines, jail time, and a license suspension. There’s only one way to fight for your future, and that’s by having a capable attorney on your side. The Prince George’s County DUI attorneys at Gracia & Mintz are dedicated to fighting for the rights of those accused of a DUI. Our attorneys have the skills, experience, and resources you need to take on even the most complex cases. We share areas we will investigate to develop a strong defense for your case.
What Are Possible Defenses for a DUI?
Every DUI case is unique and has their own variables to consider. Our team of attorneys conducts a thorough investigation to create a solid defense. Some of the areas that we will investigate include the following:
- The Police Officer Didn’t Have Probable Cause: The police officer that stopped you needed to have a valid reason to stop, detain, or arrest you.
- The Police Officer Didn’t Say the Miranda Warning: If the Miranda Warning wasn’t given at the proper time, any incriminating statements made can be denied.
- Improper Administration of Field Sobriety Test: The arrest may be seen as invalid if it was based on an improperly administered field sobriety test.
- Raising Blood Alcohol Concentration: After drinking, blood alcohol levels continue to rise for 30 to 45 minutes. If a DUI investigation and arrest occurred during this BAC rasing period, the breath test results can be higher than when the person was driving.
- Inhaled Chemicals: Although rare, there are some cases where people who work around volatile chemicals, such as acetone found in paint, can sometimes be falsely inflated.
DUI Defense Attorneys in Prince George’s County
If you’ve been arrested anywhere in Prince George’s County, contact our DUI defense lawyers immediately. Our team will investigate your case and determine any possible defenses to help you get your cases reduced or even dismissed. We know that your future, freedom, and reputation are at risk, so we work tirelessly to get you the best possible results for your case. We are here to guide you every step of the way.
Contact our Prince George’s County DUI defense lawyers today at (301) 842-8584 to get started on your case.